Four years before the Battle of Yavin, the activities of a rebel cell operating on the Outer Rim planet Lothal drew the attention of Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin, a high-ranking officer in the Galactic Empire. Having heard the stories of the rebel cell, and that their leader, Kanan Jarrus, was a Jedi, Tarkin put a plan in motion that led to the capture of Kanan Jarrus. He was captured during a rebel mission to hack into the main communications tower on Lothal to send out a transmission to Lothal to set the record straight about their rebellion. The rebels were able to send out the signal, after Jarrus allowed himself to be captured so they could escape, but the Empire destroyed the tower to end the broadcast.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Call to Action" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Resolve" (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 Star Wars Rebels – "Call to Action"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Resolve"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Rebels began approximately five years before Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, in which the Battle of Yavin takes place. The events of the episodes "Empire Day" and "Gathering Forces" established that the Galactic Empire was celebrating its fifteenth anniversary. Knowing that A New Hope takes place nineteen years into the Empire's reign, and that "Call to Action" takes place sometime soon after that anniversary, we can deduce that this event took place roughly four years before the Battle of Yavin.