- "So how do we play this? Like we did on Bakura? Or like that time on Lehon?"
- ―Venisa Doza, to Torch
Rakata Prime, also known as Lehon, was one of the few navigable worlds located in the Unknown Regions. At some point, the Resistance pilot Venisa Doza visited the planet along with her astromech droid, Torch. The Zabrak pirate Tryki was also once arrested for attempting to board a First Order cruiser near Rakata Prime.
Rakata Prime, also known as Lehon, was a terrestrial planet located in the grid area G-11 of the Unknown Regions. Even though the cosmic bramble of hyperspace anomalies known as the Galactic Barrier prevented the exploration of the region, Rakata Prime was one of the few navigable worlds that were found by rare exploratory missions, and the planet could be reached by cautiously stepped hyperspace jumps.
- "Of course, if you believe the Legend of Lehon, Tatooine was once covered by lush jungle, the domain of the Kumumgah, although little evidence has been found for their existence."
- ―A B'omarr monk
The Zabrak pirate Tryki was once arrested for attempting to board a First Order cruiser near Rakata Prime, and her starship was destroyed as a result. At some point, the Resistance pilot Venisa Doza and her astromech droid, Torch, also traveled to the planet. Later, in 34 ABY, when the duo was about to be captured by the First Order, Doza brought up their time on Lehon while planning how to escape their present predicament.
The world shared its names with the historical Rakatan Infinite Empire, the mystical antiquities known as Rakatan wraith boxes, and the Legend of Lehon. The legend suggested that the desert planet of Tatooine was once covered by lush jungle and inhabited by the Kumumgah.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Venisa mentions the planets Bakura and Lehon. Both have origins in fan-favorite Star Wars storytelling. Bakura is from the 1993 novel, The Truce at Bakura, and Lehon is another name for Rakata Prime, a world from The Knights of the Old Republic video game."
- ―The Bucket's List installment for "Rendezvous Point"
Rakata Prime was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon on a map of the galaxy created for Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by the Lucasfilm Story Group's Pablo Hidalgo for the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens and released on December 18, 2015. The aforementioned map was initially revealed prior to the book's release through an article by Empire magazine on November 26, 2015. Choose Your Destiny: An Escape Mission, a 2019 audio mini-mission written by Cavan Scott as part of the Star Wars: Choose Your Destiny series of young-readers books, later reintroduced Lehon, an alternate name for Rakata Prime in the Star Wars Legends continuity, into canon.
Rakata Prime originally first appeared in the 2003 Legends video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic as the "Unknown World." The planet was the homeworld of the Rakata species, beings who once ruled the ancient Infinite Empire. The 2005 reference book The New Essential Chronology, written by Daniel Wallace, introduced the name Rakata Prime, while the 2006 novel Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, written by Drew Karpyshyn, introduced the name Lehon.
- Choose Your Destiny: An Escape Mission (Mentioned only) (First identified as Lehon)
- Star Wars Resistance – "Rendezvous Point" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Expert Guide
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Complete Visual Companion
- Star Wars Adventures, Volume 1: Heroes of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary