The Rakatan Civil War was a conflict that tore apart the Infinite Empire. Starting as internal strife, it was fueled by mass revolts by slave species across the galaxy. During the climax, a plague erupted that only infected the Rakatans. It caused the collapse of the Empire and paved the way for the Galactic Republic to take the place of dominant galactic government.
History[edit | edit source]
Starting at some point after the peak of the Empire in 30,000 BBY, the Rakatan Civil War was fueled by the savage nature of the Rakata, enhanced by the Star Forge's accentuation of their natural dark side powers. The effects of the late civil war were enhanced by the onset of numerous slave rebellions (such as on Tatooine, and maybe Coruscant) and a plague that struck only Rakata.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
Due to the plague and civil war, the remaining Rakata were forced to retreat to their homeworld, Lehon, and their once powerful forces reduced to squabbling warlords and feuding clans, both on Lehon and on isolated, off-world colonies.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First mentioned)
- Star Wars 20 (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension (as Rakatan enslavement) (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The New Essential Chronology
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Dangerous Covenants