- "Get Surrel out of there, he cant survive those odds."
"No, but he can buy them a little more time."
- ―Col Takbright and Wenton Chan, moments before Surrel's demise
Ralo Surrel was a human male pilot who served in the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. During the war, Major Surrel served as Red Eleven and was a wingmate to Red Leader, Garven Dreis. In that capacity, he was killed during the Battle of Yavin.
At some point prior to 0 BBY, Surrel was scheduled Shift Cycle 1 of an X-wing flight patrol mission along with Cmdr. Garven Dreis (Red Leader). Their mission was to route from Yavin to Gordian Trace Relays, perform a flyby of surrounding space, then after verifying visual and sensor all clear, perform close uplink of passive relay recordings.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Ralo Surrel is played by actor Russell Balogh in the 2016 film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. The character was first seen in the initial trailer for the movie, appearing next to Jyn Erso as she and Cassian Andor depart the Yavin base with other rebel pilots and marines.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance) (Retcon) (Voice only)
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization (Voice only)
- "Duty Roster"—From a Certain Point of View
- Star Wars 45 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Ralo Surrel)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z