- "I'd like you to meet Commander Colt of the Rancor Battalion."
Rancor Battalion was a clone trooper military battalion of the Grand Army of the Republic. Among its ranks were elite Advanced Recon Commandos, including Clone ARC Commanders Colt, Havoc and Blitz. Early in the Clone Wars, the battalion's ARC troopers oversaw the training of clone cadets on the planet Kamino.
- "Move it, troopers! On the double! Fire!"
- ―ARC trooper Blitz commanding an ARF trooper during the Battle of Kamino
The Rancor Battalion was a battalion in the Grand Army of the Republic active during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Separatist Alliance. Prior to the battle of the Rishi moon, Rancor Battalion was stationed on the planet Kamino where its four Advanced Recon Commandos oversaw the final phases of clone trooper training alongside Jedi General Shaak Ti, Master Chief Bric, and El-Les.
Rancor Battalion was again stationed on Kamino and participated in the Battle of Kamino. ARC trooper and Clone Commander Havoc and another ARC trooper defended hangars in Tipoca City leading other clone troopers, while ARC trooper and Clone Commander Colt fought near the barracks. Commander Blitz led a trio of ARF troopers in the outside walkways of the city. Eventually, Republic forces prevailed, and members of Rancor Battalion were present in the aftermath and cleanup.
Rancor Battalion had at least four Advanced Recon Commandos, with at least three of them, Colt Havoc, and Blitz also having the rank of Clone ARC Commander. The battalion consisted of Advanced Recon Force troopers that were identified by the maroon and grayish-blue markings on their helmets as well as the maroon lines on their arms. The ARC troopers each customized their ARC trooper armor, with Colt and one ARC trooper customizing it in red and gray color schemes, Havoc customizing it in blue markings, and Blitz in yellow and gray. Members of Rancor Battalion used DC-15A blaster rifles, and at least one RPS-6 rocket launcher. As a battalion in the Grand Army of the Republic, Rancor Battalion was made up of four companies that contained 576 troopers.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- ↑ Star Wars: Complete Locations establishes that a battalion in the Grand Army of the Republic contains four companies made up of 576 troopers in total. Since Rancor Battalion is a battalion in the Grand Army, it must also have 576 troopers.