- "Wanna buy some Rancor nail blades?"
"Not today, friend."
- ―Elan Sel'Sabagno, attempting to sell Rancor nail blades to Jango Fett
Rancor nail blades were an edged weapon crafted from the nails of rancors, carnivorous creatures which grew to be 5–19 meters tall on average. In 22 BBY, the Balosar Elan Sel'Sabagno was selling Rancor nail blades at the Outlander Club on Coruscant, the capital planet of the Galactic Republic. Shortly before an assassination attempt on Senator Padmé Amidala of the Republic was made that year, the dealer attempted to sell the blades to the bounty hunter Jango Fett, but the Human declined Sel'Sabagno's offer.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Rancor nail blades were first mentioned in the Star Wars Legends young-readers book Jango Fett: Bounty Hunter, which was written by Eric Arnold and published by Random House in 2002. The blades are mentioned in the book's third chapter, which is titled "Partners."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Jango Fett: Bounty Hunter (First mentioned)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Jango Fett: Bounty Hunter
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
- The New Essential Chronology dates the events of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones to 22 BBY. The scene from Jango Fett: Bounty Hunter in which Elan Sel'Sabagno offers Rancor nail blades to Jango Fett takes place shortly before the film's assassination attempt on Senator Padmé Amidala.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 146 ("Coruscant")