- "So glad I don't have to eat that."
- ―Admiral Gial Ackbar, on rancor sauce
Rancor sauce was a sauce used for seasoning noodles. In 0 ABY, the rebels Luke Skywalker and Nakari Kelen were tasked with obtaining files and reports from a contact on the planet Denon: the Kupohan Sakhet, who ran a noodle shop called Sakhet's Noodles. The employees of Sakhet's Noodles would know the rebels had come for information if they ordered Corellian buckwheat noodles with rancor sauce, a code that the rebels learned from Admiral Gial Ackbar and the protocol droid C-3PO, the former of whom found the idea of rancor sauce repulsive.
Skywalker was dreading the sauce after he ordered it, expecting the taste to be awful; Kelen was looking forward to seeing his reaction to it, but much to his relief, Sakhet gave the pair two orders of nerf nuggets instead. The next day, Sakhet told the rebels of a location of an encrypted file whose password was "Rancor Sauce." The sauce shared its name with the rancor, a species of reptile.
Behind the scenes
- Heir to the Jedi (First mentioned, simultaneous with Heir to the Jedi audiobook)
- Heir to the Jedi audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Heir to the Jedi
- In Heir to the Jedi, Luke Skywalker states that he has not heard from Obi-Wan Kenobi since the Battle of Yavin, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes as the starting point of 0 ABY. Since Skywalker hears from Kenobi in the first issue of the 2015 Star Wars comic series, Heir to the Jedi must take place between the battle and Star Wars 1. Additionally, that comic takes place before the fourth issue of the 2015 Star Wars: Darth Vader comic series, the events of which are dated to 0 ABY by Galactic Atlas. Therefore, Heir to the Jedi must also take place in 0 ABY.