During the Clone Wars, the Mandalorian Death Watch warriors used a rank insignia to identify ranks. They were red symbols adorned on the left shoulder armor plate. A different rank was distinguished by the amount of corner lines on the symbol.
Initially, the rank insignia was only used on the left shoulder armor pad, but were later adorned on both shoulder armor pieces. The insignia itself consisted of two red octagonal shapes, one inside of the other, with three variations. One variation had only one trapezoidal line on the top left corner, another had two trapezoidal lines opposite each other in the top right and bottom left corner, and the third variation had trapezoidal lines on all four corners.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voyage of Temptation" (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"
- (Slide 11) (First identified as rank insignia)