Rapotwanalantonee, whom everyone called Rappertunie, was a member of the Max Rebo Band, a 12-member band led by Max Rebo. In 4 ABY, crime lord Jabba the Hutt, a fan of Max Rebo, hired the band to perform at his palace on Tatooine. While performing an encore of "Jedi Rocks," the band was interrupted by Jabba when he dropped his slave dancer, Oola, into the rancor pit beneath his throne.
Personality and traits
Rappertunie was a male, green-skinned Shawda Ubb who stood at three-tenths of a meter in height. Like other Shawda Ubb, Rappertunie could spit a paralyzing poison, and he would do so at anyone who threatened him.
Skills and abilities
Behind the scenes
During the production of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, Rappertunie was nicknamed "Jedi Rapper" by the filmmakers. He was realized as a puppet which was then digitally composited into new and existing footage for the Special Edition release of the film.
- War of the Bounty Hunters Alpha 1
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance) (Introduced in Special Edition)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Music in the Star Wars Galaxy: The Modal Nodes vs. The Max Rebo Band
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 36 (Weapons & Uniforms: Jabba's Courtiers) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition
- Star Wars Search and Find Volume I