The rathtar was a species that could be found in the galaxy. Around 3629 BBY, rathtar genetic markers, along with those from dozens of other species, were found by Doctor Juvard Illip Oggurobb inside Gethul, a creature that was hibernating under the surface of the planet Makeb and that was killed by the Commander of the Eternal Alliance.
Behind the scenes
The rathtar was first mentioned in the Star Wars Legends continuity in BioWare's 2011 massively multiplayer online role-playing video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, specifically the 2017 Defend the Throne update for the 2016 Knights of the Eternal Throne expansion. The rathtar was originally introduced in the 2015 canon film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, the first installment of the Star Wars sequel trilogy.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne—Codex: "Alliance Intelligence Report: Gethul"
- According to 3629 BBY. Since the mission where Gethul was killed was included in update 5.1 which was released in 2017, we can place the mission in 3629 BBY. , the updates released in 2017 took place in
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne—Uprising: "Destroyer Of Worlds"
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens