During the Battle of Hoth, Tyrant attempted to intercept the first Rebel transports to flee from Hoth, but was disabled by several shots from the Rebels' planetary ion cannon. Lennox's warship was left to float through the system, and several more Rebel transports subsequently escaped.
During the battle on the surface, Imperial troops captured Rebel General Crix Madine and sent him to the Tyrant. After the shuttle entered the Tyrant's docking bay, the Tyrant was hit by another blast from the planetary ion cannon. While overseeing the repair of systems disabled by the ion cannon, Rebel commandos boarded the ship and rescued Madine. The commandos escaped with General Madine on a Lambda-class shuttle, with the Tyrant unable to pursue the shuttle. Later, the shuttle brought General Madine to the Mon Calamari Cruiser Champion, which then prepared to jump to hyperspace. Lennox engaged the cruiser with the now functional Tyrant, and proceeded to launch TIE fighters in preparation for battle. Lennox hailed the Champion and said that if they handed over General Madine, he would call off his attack. The captain of the Champion refused and ordered the launch of his ship's fighters. Captain Lennox was unable to defeat the Champion, and the ship escaped with Madine.
New Republic serviceEdit
Later, in the aftermath of the Bacta War, the New Republic captured the Tyrant from a weakly defended Imperial fueling outpost. Impressed by the symbolism of the Star Destroyer's former history serving with Vader's Death Squadron, Councilor Leia Organa renamed the ship the Rebel Dream and selected it as her personal flagship.
By 7 ABY, the Rebel Dream was serving as Minister of State Leia Organa Solo's consular ship, but was back in active duty to fight the Imperial Star Destroyer Peremptory at the Battle of Storinal. It was in this battle that Rebel Dream was recaptured by Imperial forces.
Yuuzhan Vong WarEdit
The Rebel Dream served under General Wedge Antilles at Borleias. The Rebel Dream's starfighters and support craft featured a white-and-dark-gray color scheme during the siege of Borleias. She later joined the fleet of the fledgling Galactic Federation of Free Alliances, where she participated in the defense of Mon Calamari.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back: Official Collectors Edition (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Tyrant) (First identified as Tyrant)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Captain Lennox)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Lieutenant Cabbel)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: A Dark Time For The Rebellion) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Our First Catch Of The Day) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Chronology (First identified as Tyrant and Rebel Dream)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 4 (OZZ2, Admiral Ozzel) (Picture only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 11 (STA3, Imperial Star Destroyer) (Picture only)
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars Trading Card Game - The Empire Strikes Back (TCG) (Card: ) (Picture only)
- "The Empire's Finest: Who's Who in the Imperial Military"—Star Wars Insider 96
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Card Game – A Dark Time (Card: Ion Cannon Burst) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Escape from Hoth (Card: The Executor Arrives) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide