The Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual is a canon reference book in the style of Haynes Manuals. The book features various starfighter models of the Rebel Alliance and the Resistance. It was written by Ryder Windham, with illustrations by Chris Reiff and Chris Trevas. Haynes Publishing released the first edition for the United Kingdom on November 7, 2019, while Insight Editions published an edition for the United States on November 12, 2019.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
After the Clone Wars, the Galactic Empire spared no expense to build a massive fleet of warships to enforce Imperial rule, intimidate defenseless worlds, and destroy all opposition. However, the Imperial Navy underestimated Rebel Alliance fighter pilots, who flew X-wing, Y-wing, A-wing, U-wing and B-wing starfighters, and whatever else they could obtain to fight their Imperial enemies. Decades later, Resistance pilots would fly next-generation versions of Rebel starfighters against the First Order.
The Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual presents a thorough history of the starfighters that served the Rebel Alliance and the Resistance. The history includes design origins, production, and modifications for each Rebel starfighter, and is fully illustrated with numerous photographs, schematics, exploded diagrams, and computer-generated artwork by Star Wars vehicle experts Chris Reiff and Chris Trevas. Text is by Ryder Windham, author and co-author of more than 70 Star Wars books. This Haynes Manual is the most thorough technical guide to Rebel starfighters available, and is fully authorized and approved by Lucasfilm.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- On page 5, "prototypes" is misspelled as "protoypes."
- On page 16, "Koensayr" and "repulsor" are misspelled as "Konesayr" and "repulser."
- In every mention of Slayn & Korpil on page 35, "Slayn" is misspelled as "Slayne."
- On page 40, the last sentence is missing the word the between the words was and most.
- On page 58, "T-65B's" is miswritten as T-65B-s at one point.
- On page 62, "BTL-A4" is misspelled as "BTL-4".
- On the specifications page for the UT-60D U-wing starfighter/support craft, the dimensions differ from previous sources. It says LENGTH 23.99m (78ft 8in) with S-foils forward and HEIGHT 3.51m (11ft 6in). However, Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide says LENGTH 24.98m (82ft) with S-foils forward and HEIGHT 3.35m (11ft).
- On page 79, the description of Bistan's role at the Battle of Scarif has two arrowheads at the beginning instead of just one.
- On page 82, "T-70 X-wing" is missing an "s" at the end of "wing" when it is being used in a plural manner towards the end of the last paragraph.
- On page 95, the T-70 X-wing starfighter's underslung blaster cannon is incorrectly described as mounted on the fighter's dorsal hull instead of the ventral hull.
Media[edit | edit source]
Editions[edit | edit source]
- ISBN 9781785216602; November 7, 2019; Haynes Publishing; UK hardcover
- ISBN 9781683839361; November 12, 2019; Insight Editions; US hardcover
Cover gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology