Rebel sentries were Rebel Alliance personnel who monitored incoming and departing starships and kept watch for Imperial scouts and other hazards from the top of a recon-tower near the Massassi Temple, the Rebellion's headquarters on Yavin 4. Osleo Prennert was a Rebel sentry posted during the Millennium Falcon's arrival at Yavin 4 in 0 BBY and during the moon's occupation by the Galactic Empire.
Behind the scenes
The Rebel sentry first appeared in the first Star Wars film, Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, released on May 25, 1977. The sentry was played by Industrial Light & Magic's Lorne Peterson, who said that he conducted the dangerous job of standing in the recon-tower because he was the only one in the special effects crew who had no children. The device that Peterson was holding during the scene was a pair of light meters taped together.
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope junior novel
- Star Wars: X-Wing
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Yavin Sentry) (backup link)
- "Refresher Reading"—Star Wars Insider 92 (First identified as Rebel sentry)
- "May the Facts Be With You! Part Two: #51-100"—Star Wars Insider 95
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- (First identified as Rebel sentry)