- "And finally, Recon. His sense of imminent d-danger was legendary, even amongst v-veteran scouts."
- ―Sergeant Marrt
"Recon" was the nickname of a clone trooper who served in the Grand Army of the Republic's 182nd Legion. A renowned scout, Recon participated in a mission to the planet Belgaroth which was aimed at investigating rumors of the Galactic Republic Czerka factory's dealings with the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Recon and two other clones, Chatter and Knuckles, were killed during the mission by the native droidbreaker creature, though the last member of the team, Sergeant Marrt, successfully carried out the mission to the end.
- "He's…he's dead, Sarge."
- ―Knuckles, to Sergeant Marrt, after inspecting Recon's body
"Recon" was the nickname of one of the numerous clones created on the planet Kamino from bounty hunter Jango Fett's DNA to fight in the Grand Army of the Republic. During the Clone Wars, Recon served in the Galactic Republic's 182nd Legion, and he earned his nickname for his exceptional skills in reconnaissance duties. Between 22 BBY and 21 BBY, rumors spread that the Republic Czerka factory on the planet Belgaroth was secretly dealing with the Confederacy of Independent Systems, and the Republic responded by sending a scout team of four clone troopers—Recon, Chatter, Knuckles, and Sergeant Marrt—to investigate.
After reaching the factory, Marrt sneaked inside to scout ahead, while Recon and the rest waited nearby. Marrt found out that the facility's head, Tarin, was secretly supplying the InterGalactic Banking Clan representative Reep Tonith with illegal FEX-M3 nerve gas grenades, which could be used to turn the tide of the war in favor of the Confederacy. The sergeant took one grenade as evidence and attempted to slip away undetected but was spotted by one of Tonith's B1 battle droids. Tarin and the droids opened fire, forcing the four clone troopers to retreat to a swamp, which was covered by a thick fog that prevented the clones from sending a transmission to the Republic. Moreover, a high screech sounded throughout the swamp, and Knuckles suspected that more battle droids had found them. Recon, however, realized that the sound was emitted by something much bigger than a droid, and that this "something" was coming their way.
Before he could do anything, Recon was attacked by the native droidbreaker creature. Marrt cried for Recon to move away, but the latter was not fast enough. The beast hit Recon with its hard head carapace, throwing him into a tree. Recon died upon impact, and the droidbreaker began chewing on his blaster. One by one, Chatter and Knuckles fell victim to the droidbreaker as well, until Marrt killed the creature with the nerve grenade he had stolen. The sergeant buried his squad under the defeated creature's head. Vowing to avenge their deaths, he attacked the Czerka factory alone. Receiving heavy injuries during the fight against the battle droids, Marrt managed to single-handedly capture Tarin and obtain valuable evidence from the factory before burning it down. However, Tonith managed to escape.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Recon was r-right, as always, but for the last time."
- ―Marrt, commenting on Recon's final assessment
Recon's talents laid in reconnaissance, which earned him his nickname, and he was respected even by veteran scouts for his skills. His sense of danger was well-known among other clone troopers, but it failed him on Belgaroth. Though he sensed the incoming danger, Recon was unable to evade the droidbreaker's attack. Like all clone troopers, Recon stood 1.83 meters tall. He also had brown hair.
Behind the scenesEdit
Recon was featured in A Trooper's Tale, a short comic strip published in Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.8 in May of 2010. A Trooper's Tale was written by Robin Etherington and illustrated by Andres Ponce.
- "A Trooper's Tale"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.8 (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 In the framing story for A Trooper's Tale, Ahsoka Tano appears in her original costume from Star Wars: The Clone Wars, indicating that the comic takes place prior to the episode "Heroes on Both Sides," in which she receives a new outfit to signify the passage of time. "Heroes on Both Sides" can be dated to 21 BBY since it occurs between two episodes, "ARC Troopers" and "Pursuit of Peace," that are also placed in 21 BBY by two other sources: The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 62 (21 BBY 17–18, Defense of Kamino) and The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 7 (KAT2, King Katuunko), respectively. Therefore, A Trooper's Tale must take place after the beginning of the Clone Wars, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 22 BBY, but no later than 21 BBY, the date of "Heroes on Both Sides."
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 "A Trooper's Tale"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.8