Lacking valuable natural resources, Recopia was less urbanized than many other prominent worlds of the Core. It was a world of sulfuric oceans over which poisonous clouds roiled perpetually. The hostile seas were broken only by series of plateau islands that rose high into the sky.
Recopia was also one of the first Core Worlds to openly support the New Republic following their victory at the Battle of Endor. Due to its strategic location, the New Republic Navy established a base there, from which many early attacks on the Core were launched. It was from their Recopia base that the New Republic attacked Brentaal IV.
- Dark Times—Out of the Wilderness 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron: In the Empire's Service (First appearance)
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas