- "Red Five standing by."
- ―Luke Skywalker
History[edit | edit source]
Luke Skywalker flew as Red Five in the Battle of Yavin, and in the Battle of Lubang Minor seven months later. Years later, after the Battle of Endor, Skywalker resumed his use of the call sign in the Battle of Tandankin.
Shortly after the Alliance's victory at Endor, a pilot using the call sign Red Five flew with the Rebel Bakura task force during the planet's invasion by the Ssi-ruuvi Imperium. "Red Five" led an element of Red Squadron tasked initially with protecting the Quasar Fire-class bulk cruiser Flurry, before being reassigned to the defense of Rogue One Wedge Antilles.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Red5 was used as a cheat code in Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II which granted the player all weapons and full ammunition.
Red Five is the inspiration for the call sign of the parodic character Pink Five.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "Hotshot"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.54
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Journal: Captive to Evil
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars: A New Hope - The Special Edition 3
- Empire 15: Darklighter, Part 4
- Star Wars: A New Hope - The Special Edition 4
- Rebel Force: Firefight
- Empire 27: "General" Skywalker, Part 2
- The Truce at Bakura
- X-Wing Rogue Squadron Special
Sources[edit | edit source]
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Star Wars Technical Journal of the Rebel Forces
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Red 5)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Black 4)
- C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Squadrons Over Corellia (Card: Red Five)
- Star Wars: The Vintage Collection
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Core Set (Card: Red Five)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Balance of the Force (Card: Red Five)
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook