- "Good shot, Red Two!"
- ―Wedge Antilles
"Red Two" was the call sign of a male Human starfighter pilot who fought at the Battle of Endor. He piloted a Y-wing starfighter and shot down at least three TIE Interceptors, the first of which was responsible for the death of Red Three.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Red Two, peel off and take the rest of the assault wing back to the surface. Try to get those TIE fighters and make them follow you out."
"Copy, Gold Leader."
- ―Lando Calrissian and Red Two, in the Return of the Jedi radio drama
This character appears in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, and is addressed as "Red Two" by Wedge Antilles during the Battle of Endor. He appears to be played by the same actor who portrays Gray Leader, a character later retconned as being the Expanded Universe's Colonel Horton Salm. The Star Wars Customizable Card Game's Death Star II Limited set even uses a picture of Red Two, identifiable from cockpit lighting that only appears during Red Two's "I'm on it, Gold Leader" line, on the front of Salm's character card.
Similarly, the 2004 junior novelization of Return of the Jedi credits Gray Leader as the speaker of the line "I'm on it, Gold Leader," but it also states immediately afterward that "Red Two swooped in to lend a hand, and the TIE fighters were decimated." As the film itself depicts Antilles exclaiming "Good shot, Red Two!" after this article's subject destroys a TIE Interceptor, this article assumes that Red Two and Gray Leader are different people. Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays simply attributes the line "I'm on it, Gold Leader," to "Rebel Pilot," although the followup line by Antilles is still "Good shot, Red Two!"
Early in the film's battle, the A-wing pilot Sila Kott responds to a command from Antilles of "Red Three, Red Two, pull in," suggesting that she is either Red Two or Red Three. A Hasbro action figure set names her as Red Two, and her line "Got it!" is attributed to Red Two in both The Annotated Screenplays and the film's junior novelization. However, due to Antilles' explicit identification of this article's subject as Red Two later in the film, this article again defers to Return of the Jedi itself and assumes that in Star Wars Legends continuity, Kott is in fact Red Three. At least one source in the post-2014 rebooted Star Wars continuity has named her as Red Three.
In the Return of the Jedi radio drama, Red Two follows Lando Calrissian into the Death Star and is then instructed to head back to the surface to draw away some of the attacking TIE fighters. In the film, this role belongs to Green Squadron pilot Jake Farrell.
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Return of the Jedi radio drama
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Colonel Salm)
- ↑ Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novelization, chapter 13
- ↑ Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays, p. 310
- ↑ Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays, p. 303
- ↑ Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novelization, chapter 11
- ↑ Star Wars: A-Wing Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
- ↑ Return of the Jedi radio drama, chapter six: Blood of a Jedi