- "In the flesh, but who are you?"
- ―Reelo to Kyle Katarn
Circa 1 ABY, Baruk was working for Jabba Desilijic Tiure on Tatooine. Living in Jabba's Palace, his job was to hire spacers to eliminate Jabba's enemies, such as the Alkhara Bandits or the Valarians. There, he also contacted a local spacer to deal with Jabba's Sand People problem.
Baruk eventually moved to Nar Shaddaa, and opened a bar and also began his own criminal empire. Most people just saw him as the head of a local garbage-hauling company, but this was not the case. He worked very hard to keep his criminal activity under the radar. His thugs were of many different alien species, and were considered some of the worst scum in the galaxy. He became one of the most respected crime lords in Hutt Space, but kept his business covered up enough that even New Republic Intelligence believed him to be legitimate.
During his final years, in 12 ABY, he made a deal with the Dark Jedi Desann, supplying the Empire Reborn with thugs for a takeover of the carbonite freezing chambers on Bespin. While looking for him in Nar Shaddaa, Kyle Katarn discovered Lando Calrissian in Baruk's hold and eventually found the crime lord. Baruk managed to entrap him in a room full of autoturrets, but the Jedi escaped and freed Lando.
While Katarn and Calrissian were about to escape from Nar Shaddaa, Baruk attacked the two men with a handful of mercenaries. The criminal leader used his thugs to board the Lady Luck, but Katarn killed them all. When the ship was about to depart it malfunctioned, and Reelo and more of his thugs, in a desperate attempt, attacked with Baruk using a gun platform. But Katarn jumped into the laser turret of the ship and shot them all down, including Baruk.
Behind the scenes
Reelo first appeared as one of the more major villains in Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, where his voice was portrayed by Kevin Michael Richardson. Reelo later appeared in Star Wars Galaxies, as the entrance point to the Jabba The Hutt quests.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Agents of Deception (Those Nasty Tuskens promotional scenario)
- N.R.I. Reports (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (Non-canonical appearance) (multiplayer mode only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 6
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Agents of Deception (Card: Reelo Baruk)