The BlasTech Industries Relby-k23 blaster pistol was a sidearm banned from civilian purchase and used by agents of the Galactic Empire. It was known for its low refraction index, which resulted in minimal beam dispersion when the blaster was fired. The beam produced by this blaster pistol inflicted excruciating pain upon beings who had the misfortune of being hit by it. The only known drawback of the Relby-k23 was its faulty safety. The officers of the Bespin Wing Guard were among those known to carry the Relby-k23 blaster pistol while carrying out their duties. However, because of the restrictions placed upon the sale of these blaster pistols, Cloud City's quartermaster was forced to purchase them under-the-table.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Relby-k23 was made from the main housing and pistol grip of a Nemrod brand pneumatic speargun.
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back Coloring Book (1980)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Cloud City Limited (Card: Cloud City Blaster)
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology (Picture only)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Price of Victory (Card: Relby-K23 Pistol)
- The Jewel of Yavin