- "The San Tekkas had always been a bit hardscrabble, but they suddenly ran into a bit of luck, mapping new routes through places like the Relgim Run and the Bitmus Cloud, high-value routes."
- ―Chancey Yarrow
The Relgim Run was a hyperspace route. After the Hyperspace Rush, the San Tekka clan of hyperspace prospectors mapped valuable new routes through places like the Relgim Run and the Bitmus Cloud using the talents of the hyperspace savant Mari San Tekka. Over one hundred years later, the scientist Chancey Yarrow mentioned the Run when explaining San Tekka's abilities to Nan, a member of the Nihil, in around 231 BBY. During the Imperial Era, the Imperial warrant to terminate the pirate Mabin the Dread listed her last known location as lurking on the Relgim Run so that she could pillage the Cassandran Worlds.
Behind the scenes
The Relgim Run was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon on a warrant to terminate included as a supplemental item in the deluxe edition of the 2018 reference book Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide, which was written by Daniel Wallace. The run originated in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where it was first mentioned as the Relgim hyperspace lane in Riders of the Maelstrom, a 1989 supplement for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game written by Ray Winninger. The name Relgim Run was then first used in Legends in the 1996 short story "A Certain Point of View," which was written by Charlene Newcomb and published in Star Wars Adventure Journal 8.
- The High Republic: Out of the Shadows (Mentioned only)
- The High Republic: Out of the Shadows audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide (First mentioned) (Deluxe edition)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- The High Republic: Out of the Shadows
- The Star Wars Book dates the launch of the Starlight Beacon to 232 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 232 BBY in the dating system used by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. As The High Republic: Light of the Jedi depicts the launch, its events must be set in that year. The events of The High Republic: The Rising Storm are set almost a year after Light of the Jedi, and the events of Out of the Shadows are set several weeks after The Rising Storm, dating the events of Out of the Shadows to around 231 BBY.
- Riders of the Maelstrom
- "A Certain Point of View"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8