- "Look, good against remotes is one thing. Good against the living? That's something else."
- ―Han Solo to Luke Skywalker
Remotes were types of droids that could be used for multiple purposes including training, surveillance, and combat. They were used by various actors including the Jedi Order, the Galactic Empire, and the First Order.
History[edit | edit source]
During the Imperial Era, the Galactic Empire used remotes such as the Marksman as drones on worlds like Lothal. Prior to the Battle of Yavin, Luke Skywalker practiced with a Marksman-H training remote under the tutelage of Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi.
By 34 ABY, remotes had also been repurposed for combat purposes by the First Order, a successor state to the Galactic Empire. A spider probe droid in the Dassal system was equipped with at least three remotes. These remotes were equipped with blasters and saw action against the Resistance pilots Poe Dameron and Kazuda Xiono who were investigating First Order activities in that system.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 72 (Helmets: Pilot/Training Helmet)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Galactic Guide
- The Art of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker