Rendili was a planet in the Core Worlds and one of the Core Founders of the Galactic Republic. The planet was ruled by an Arch-Provost. It was the headquarters of Rendili StarDrive, founded in 20,000 BBY, and was affiliated with the starshipwrights Rendili Hyperworks, Rendili/Vanjervalis Drive Yardsand Golan Arms joint venture. At some point during the Mandalorian Wars a Republic Military installation housing thousands of troops, vehicles, and starfighters was stationed outside of the major cities, though by the time of the Clone Wars the installation had been all but forgotten.
It was colonized by sleeper ships sometime after 27,500 BBY. By 25,000 BBY, it had become a military stronghold and was a founder of the Galactic Republic. In the year 3670 BBY, the Cathar male Aric Jorgan was born on Rendili.
In 3000 BBY, in response to the seventeenth and final Alsakan Conflict, Rendili StarDrive teamed up with Vaufthau Shipyards Ltd. to produce the Invincible-class dreadnaught. The company's peak was c. 100 BBY. Popular designs included the Dreadnaught-class heavy cruiser (prior to 100 BBY) and Victory-class Star Destroyer (20 BBY). In 44 BBY it contributed ships and crew to Senator Ranulph Tarkin's paramilitary force.
With the advent of the Clone Wars at the First Battle of Geonosis in 22 BBY, in response to Kuat Drive Yards's competitive lead for the Republic new military contracts, Arch-Provost Bengila Urlan ordered countless industrial spies and starship designers to design new warships to counter those of Kuat. The planet's extensive system of smaller shipyards scattered across the Mid Rim and Outer Rim Territories gave Rendili StarDrive a temporary ascendancy. Later, the two rival companies teamed up to worked on the Victor Initiative Project which produced the Victory I-class Star Destroyers.
In 20 BBY, the planet was taken over by an Independent Provisional Government that joined the Confederacy of Independent Systems. A Republic task force captured the planet's Home Defense Fleet, and retook Rendili shortly after. The planet became part of the Galactic Empire in 19 BBY. In 18 BBY, the Rendili StarDrive signed the Corporate Sector Authority's Imperial charter in the Dragonbird Gardens of Aargau. After Rendili StarDrive accepted its last major Imperial contract on 10 ABY, the planet Rendili joined the New Republic. Rendili StarDrive went on to manufacture the Republic-class Star Destroyer.
- Knights of the Old Republic 38: Faithful Execution (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter (Mentioned only)
- Outbound Flight (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic: Dreadnaughts of Rendili (First appearance)
- Republic 78: Loyalties (Mentioned only)
- Winner Lose All (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Indirect mention only)
- Allegiance (as Rendili freighter)
- Dark Force Rising (as Rendili StarDrive Dreadnaughts)
- Vision of the Future (as Rendili Space Docks)
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Navy Trooper Fenson)
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Handbook
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Complete Vehicles
- Fly Casual