Biology and appearance[edit | edit source]
Reptomammals were a type of reptile defined as reproducing through live birth like a mammal, rather than laying fertilized eggs like other true reptiles. Reptilian characteristics could include leathery or scaled skin, claws, slit-pupiled eyes, or a forked tongue.
Clawdites had singular pregnancies and gave birth to live offspring. Rancors had thick skin, and although they were reptomammals, they laid clutches of two eggs at a time. They did not suckle their young, but they did care for them. Tauntauns were warm-blooded and commonly fur-covered, with subspecies of scaly tauntauns that lacked fur and lived in the ice caves of Hoth. Vurks gave birth underwater.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne
- A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker (In flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide (First mentioned)
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Strongholds of Resistance