The Republic Fourth Fleet was a numbered fleet of the Republic Navy that saw action during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Created in 22 BBY, the fleet was one of multiple Republic fleets scrambled to counter the Confederate Subjugator-class heavy cruiser, the Malevolence.
However, despite its efforts, much of the Republic Fourth Fleet was lost to the Malevolence before it engaged the fleet of Jedi General Plo Koon and his flagship, the Venator-class Star Destroyer Triumphant. The Malevolence was eventually destroyed during the Battle of the Kaliida Nebula by the Open Circle Fleet.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: Battles that Changed the Galaxy (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Battles that Changed the Galaxy
- Per Star Wars: Battles that Changed the Galaxy, the Fourth Fleet belonged to the Republic Navy. The navy, according to Rise of the Separatists, was established at the outbreak of the Clone Wars, which Battles that Changed the Galaxy dates to 3 BFE. Since the source also establishes that the Malevolence Campaign took place in 3 BFE, the Fourth Fleet must have been created in that year. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Battle of Ryloth and the mission to Rodia in 22 BBY. As the episode this event occurs within takes place between the events of the pieces of media the other events are attached to according to , The Malevolence Campaign must also take place in 22 BBY. Additionally, the Galactic Atlas confirms that the Galactic Empire was formed in 19 BBY, which is 0 BFE in the Imperial calendar. Since Battles that Changed the Galaxy dates the campaign to 3 BFE, which is three years before the Empire, then this also corresponds to 22 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroyer Malevolence"