- "All I have is Duja's message that she's stumbled onto something going on somewhere in the Batuu area and thinks we ought to investigate it."
"Something going on somewhere. Not exactly the most solid intel report I've ever heard."
"That's what everyone else in the High Command thinks, too. Which is why I'm going out there myself to check it out."
- ―Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker
The Republic High Command, also known as Republic Strategic Command, was a military organization of the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. The organization existed to manage the Grand Army of the Republic and was made up of experienced admirals and generals from Republic planets. Colonel Meebur Gascon was considered one of the organization's top minds. The group met in the Strategic Planning Amphitheater in the Republic Center for Military Operations on Coruscant. It covered up the betrayal of Clone Sergeant Slick from the Battle of Christophsis.
It was thought that Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine being subject to a sham trial, after his capture by the Separatists, one that would be broadcast across the galaxy and would also likely result in his execution, would be enough to drive the Republic High Command to the negotiating table with the Separatists and offer them deep concessions.
Behind the scenesEdit
Republic High Command was first mentioned in Star Wars canon in "Secret Weapons". It was later identified in the 2017 reference book Star Wars: On the Front Lines. Rise of the Separatists, a Fantasy Flight Games sourcebook released in 2019, established that Strategic Command and High Command were the same organization.
- "501 Plus One"—Age of Republic Special 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons" (First mentioned)
- Thrawn: Alliances (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn: Alliances audiobook (Mentioned only)
- (First identified as Republic Strategic Command)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (First identified as Republic High Command)
- Rise of the Separatists
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Rise of the Separatists
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"
- ↑ Star Wars Helmet Collection 79 (Databank A-Z: Aliens)
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas lists 19 BBY as the year that the Galactic Republic transformed into the Galactic Empire. therefore the Republic High Command must have transitioned in the Imperial High Command during or after 19 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ Although Slick's name is not used in Star Wars: On the Front Lines, the book and the information it introduces clearly references the events of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "The Hidden Enemy" and Slick's actions within its story.