- "An intelligence officer of Teller’s skill would know better than to leave his ship to be found, much less his fingerprints."
- ―Darth Vader discussing former Republic Intelligence officer Berch Teller
Republic Intelligence operated as the primary intelligence-gathering and covert operations agency for the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. Much of its ranks were recruited from former members of the Republic's Judicial Forces, including its elite direct action operatives who served as the Republic's premier non-clone special ops soldiers during the conflict. Although its members sometimes had little to no direct exposure to the Jedi Generals, they routinely worked with strategists, fleet commanders, and other high-ranking officers of the Grand Army of the Republic. Dodd Rancit was among the high-ranking officers of the group.
Investigation of Kudo IIIEdit
- "Republic Intelligence located a previously unknown droid foundry on the third moon of Kudo."
- ―Admiral Wullf Yularen, to General Anakin Skywalker
Capturing Dooku's sisterEdit
Republic Intelligence sent Raz Fellidrone to capture Jenza, the sister of Count Dooku. Fellidrone posed as the portmaster of Serenno Spaceport but he was later killed by Asajj Ventress, Dooku's Sith apprentice, who was also sent to find Jenza.
Separatist Alliance-Republic Peace treatyEdit
After an attempted peace treaty between the Republic and the Separatists, Mina Bonteri, the originator of the bill, was killed. After her death, Count Dooku reported to the Galactic Senate that Bonteri had been killed in a Republic strike on the Separatist capital. Once the Senate had recessed, Senator Bail Organa told Senator Padmé Amidala and Onaconda Farr that Republic Intelligence had confirmed that agents of Dooku had murdered Bonteri, making Dooku's statement a lie.
Interrogating Poggle the LesserEdit
In 21 BBY after the Second Battle of Geonosis, Separatist Council member Archduke Poggle the Lesser was captured. After his capture he was taken into custody by the Republic at the Republic Center for Military Operations. While under Republic custody, Poggle was frequently subjected to interrogation by Republic Intelligence and a specific focus of interrogation was the "Ultimate Weapon" concept.
Debriefing Captain TarkinEdit
Republic Intelligence agents, including Teller, debriefed Captain Wilhuff Tarkin after his escape from the Citadel with the coordinates to the Nexus Route. Later, Teller, along with the subcontractor Knotts, worked with loyalist species whose planets joined the Separatists, training them to serve as resistance fighters for the Republic. Among the targeted Separatist worlds was the Gotal moon of Antar 4.
Mission to MerjEdit
Some Republic officers were thought to prefer Republic Intelligence direct action operatives to clone special forces such as ARC troopers and clone commandos. Has Obitt theorized this to be the case with Lieutenant Commander Orson Krennic, who handpicked a Republic Intelligence team led by Matese to work with during the Mission to Merj.
After the conclusion of the war and the transition into the Galactic Empire, Republic Intelligence was reorganized as Imperial Intelligence. Teller expected the Empire to spare his partisans from punishment due to their loyalist service during the conflict. However, forces under the command of Tarkin killed many of these fighters on Antar 4 along with former Separatists, in an event that became known as the Antar Atrocity. This angered Teller, causing his desertion and creation of his own resistance cell to fight against the Empire.
- Dooku: Jedi Lost
- Dooku: Jedi Lost script
- Age of Republic - Anakin Skywalker 1 (Mentioned only)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (First appearance)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel audiobook
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons" (Mentioned only)
- Tarkin (Mentioned only)
- Tarkin audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Rise of the Separatists
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 79 (Weapons & Uniforms: Rebel Leaders at Yavin 4)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Tarkin
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Dooku: Jedi Lost
- ↑ Age of Republic - Anakin Skywalker 1
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace"