History[edit | edit source]
Among its prisoners was Ziro Desilijic Tiure. He was freed from the prison by the IG-86 sentinel droid HELIOS-3D during a hostage crisis involving several senators trapped inside the East Wing of the Republic Executive Building.
After being captured by Jedi Master Plo Koon and Padawan Ahsoka Tano, Boba Fett and Bossk were brought to the RJC Detention Center for their part in the destruction of the Republic Venator-class Star Destroyer Endurance, along with their attempted assassination of Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker and murder of numerous clone troopers.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The prison's design bears strong resemblance to Panopticon, a conception of a round prison with cells being exposed towards the center, thus providing the guards a possibility of discretely observing every inmate at the same time from that central point - a tower. Although, as the RJCDC prisoners were perfectly aware they have been watched - the clone troopers held guard at the platform of the central tower - the idea of Panopticon was not wholly fulfilled in that prison.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lethal Trackdown"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro" (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies" (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box" (In flashback(s))
- "Mandalorian Memories"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.41 (Mentioned only)