- "Chancellor Palpatine, in light of this unprovoked attack on Coruscant and the vulnerabilities it raises, I propose the Republic purchase an additional 5 million clone troopers."
- ―Senator Halle Burtoni
During the Clone Wars, a bill was proposed in Senate of the Galactic Republic to purchase an additional 5 million clone troopers. The bill was proposed after the deregualtion of the banks in the aftermath of the bombing of the Central power distribution grid.
Senators Padmé Amidala and Bail Organa were in opposition to the military enhancement bill and lobbied their fellow representatives, but found little support. To ensure their failure, the Sith Lord Darth Tyranus hired bounty hunters Robonino and Chata Hyoki to threaten and batter Republic senators who might vote against Burtoni's measure. Although the tactic was widely successful, many in the Senate respected the opinion of Senator Organa, and so he planned to make a final address to the congress before the final vote commenced. However, on the day of the vote, Organa was severely injured in an assassination attempt, forcing Amidala to make the speech in his place. The senator's plea was well-received, as it focused heavily on the tangible cost the bill would have on families within the Republic. Despite this, the bill was approved, prompting Amidala and her coalition to quickly draft a piece of counter-legislation that would nullify Burtoni's success.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders" (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- "So Much More"—Star Wars Adventures Annual 2019 (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides"
- ↑ screenshot) (
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide