- "Thanks for the rescue, Master Plo."
- ―Adi Gallia
In the second year of the Clone Wars, Jedi General Plo Koon launched a Galactic Republic mission to rescue Jedi Master Adi Gallia, who had been previously captured by General Grievous of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. After locating Grievous's flagship in space, Koon took a fleet of five Republic Star Destroyers to ambush the Separatist dreadnaught. Boarding Grievous's flagship with the Republic Grand Army's 104th Battalion, Koon and his clone troopers fought through the warship's battle droid defenders while Clone Commander CC-3636, nicknamed "Wolffe," took a squad to rescue Gallia from the ship's bridge. Grievous was forced to flee from his overwhelmed flagship, allowing Wolffe to rescue Gallia. The Republic emerged victorious, while Koon and Wolffe also retrieved the Republic droids C-3PO and R2-D2, who had been stranded on Grievous's flagship after a series of escapades.
- "General, we've come across what appears to be a pirate ship."
"Use that ship for target practice. Open fire!"
- ―A B1 battle droid is ordered by Grievous to target the Marauder
During the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Confederate General Grievous gained notoriety for targeting members of the Jedi High Council. Such was the case in 21 BBY, the war's second year, when he ambushed Jedi Master Adi Gallia's flagship near the planet Patitite Pattuna. Gallia's Venator-class Star Destroyer was crippled in the assault, and she was taken into custody aboard Grievous's Providence-class carrier/destroyer while her cruiser was destroyed.
It was not long before Jedi General Plo Koon, a fellow member of the Jedi Council, received word of Gallia's capture and set out to rescue his comrade. Commanding a fleet of five Venator-class Star Destroyers, Koon located Grievous's destroyer in space, just after Grievous had ordered his battle droid crew to attack the Weequay pirate ship Marauder for target practice. The protocol droid C-3PO and astromech droid R2-D2, both belonging to Republic Senator Padmé Amidala, were aboard the Marauder at the time that it was targeted by Grievous. Although they managed to escape from the pirate ship's destruction, they were forced to come aboard Grievous's flagship and were subsequently set to be incinerated into scrap metal for the Confederacy.
- "General Grievous has fled."
"Very good! Finish off the remaining droids."
- ―Wolffe and Plo Koon
Immediately after emerging from hyperspace near Grievous's destroyer, Koon's five-cruiser fleet of Star Destroyers began to exchange heavy turbolaser fire with the Separatist dreadnaught. The Republic fleet quickly gained the upper hand, launching squadrons of ARC-170 starfighters and BTL-B Y-wing starfighters to challenge the destroyer's defenses. The clone trooper pilots moved in with their starfighters and assaulted the enemy battleship, hitting several places along its hull. Koon was thus able to board the destroyer with a rescue team, taking the clone troopers of the Grand Army of the Republic's 104th Battalion to push through the Separatist battle droid forces. While Koon and his men from the 104th Wolfpack squad fought B1 battle droids in one of the vessel's hallways, Clone Commander CC-3636, nicknamed "Wolffe," took another squad of troopers to the bridge, where Gallia was being held in custody.
Wolffe and his men were successful, rescuing Gallia from the Separatists, and they rendezvoused with Koon to join his fight against the battle droids. Between the Jedi's lightsabers and the clones' blasters, they were able to defeat the squad of droids. His droid troops overwhelmed, Grievous fled from his flagship, leaving the Republic forces to eliminate the remainder of the battle droids aboard the Separatist warship.
- C-3PO: "Commander Wolffe. How have you been, sir? We have been on quite an adventure."
- Plo Koon: "Well, I'm certain Wolffe would love to hear about it."
- Wolffe: "Uh, actually, sir…"
- C-3PO: "Excellent! It's a long story."
- ―C-3PO, Plo Koon, and Wolffe[src]
The mission was a success for the Republic due to Koon's rescue of Gallia. The wayward C-3PO and R2-D2—having avoided being incinerated by the Separatists—were also rescued, coming upon Wolffe, Gallia, and Koon while aboard Grievous's destroyer. Having delivered the two droids earlier to Gallia's flagship from the planet Aleen, Wolffe could not believe it when he and the others found the droids aboard the Separatist dreadnaught, though Wolffe was less than pleased when the talkative C-3PO began thoroughly recounting their adventures since escaping from Gallia's ship.
Behind the scenesEdit
The rescue of Adi Gallia was created for the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series and was featured in the fourth season episode "Nomad Droids," which aired on October 14, 2011. Because of a lack of information presented in the episode, a specific location for the battle cannot be determined beyond being in space.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.27 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Magazine 9 (Indirect mention only)
- "100 and Counting"—Star Wars Insider 139 (Indirect mention only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 23 (PLO5, Clone Wars Ace Pilot) (Picture only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 25 (GAL4, The Reluctant Warrior)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 75 (SEE14, C-3PO In Command)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 80 (ART24, Wrong Place, Wrong Time)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 25 (GAL4, The Reluctant Warrior)
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter"