Thirty years after the Battle of Endor, the Resistance staged the rescue of Admiral Ackbar during the Cold War. The Resistance sent pilot Commander Poe Dameron along with the droids C-3PO and BB-8 to rescue Admiral Gial Ackbar from the First Order Resurgent-class Star Destroyer Subjugator where Ackbar was being held hostage.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Non-canon storylines[edit | edit source]
- "...I have learned where Admiral Ackbar is being held...He is on a Star Destroyer in the Bakura sector."
The mission to rescue Admiral Ackbar made its first appearance in the 2016 LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises episode Poe to the Rescue where it depicted that Admiral Ackbar was being held captive by Captain Phasma onboard the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer Subjugator in the Bakura sector.
Using a stolen AAL-1971/9.1 Troop Transport, Poe Dameron, C-3PO and BB-8 snuck onboard the Subjugator and was able rescue Admiral Ackbar. While escaping the Subjugator they were pursued by several TIE fighters.
They later went into an asteroid field where they ducked behind an asteroid where Dameron had hidden his T-70 X-wing starfighter Black One and Ackbar's Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor Daisy Mae. They used the Atmospheric Assault Lander as a decoy and using their fighters were able to destroy the TIE fighters that had followed them. They later headed back to the Resistance base on D'Qar.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Special: C-3PO 1 (First canonical appearance)
- "C-3PO's New Arm"—Galactic Adventures Storybook Collection (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Rivals
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Poe to the Rescue" (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (DLC)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log (First identified as rescue of Admiral Ackbar)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Special: C-3PO 1
- Poe Dameron 8
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that Poe Dameron joined the Resistance three years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore, Dameron joined the Resistance in 31 ABY. As Dameron is a member of the Resistance during the Rescue of Admiral Ackbar, it must take place during or after 31 ABY. Furthermore, the novel Force Collector features the arm of C-3PO, which means that the Rescue of Admiral Ackbar must take place some time after Force Collector. – states that Force Collector takes place a few years prior to Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, or 34 ABY, meaning that the latest Force Collector can take place is at least two years prior to 34 ABY, or 32 ABY. Therefore, the Rescue of Admiral Ackbar takes place between 31 and 32 ABY.
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Rivals
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Poe to the Rescue"