- "Speaking for Zerpen Industries, I must say that this has been a regrettable incident—as was the Republic's abduction of two Separatist researchers. But we are glad to have been in a position to broker their release, as well as that of Dr. Erso and his family, who should never have been subjected to so much as harsh words, let alone imprisonment."
- ―Lieutenant Commander Orson Krennic during the exchange
The rescue of Galen Erso, also referred to as an attack on Vallt, was undertaken by Galactic Republic Lieutenant Commander Orson Krennic during the Clone Wars. It resulted in the rescue of the scientist Galen Erso, his wife Lyra, and their daughter Jyn from the Confederacy of Independent Systems, who had been imprisoned on the planet Vallt.
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (First appearance)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel audiobook
- Rogue One Adaptation 4 (In flashback(s)) (First pictured)
Notes and references
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the Onderonian Civil War began 22 years before the Rogue One mission. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Rogue One mission to 0 BBY. Therefore, the Onderonian Civil War began in 22 BBY, while its end, depicted in "Tipping Points," must occur in 20 BBY; Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of "Water War" to 20 BBY, while Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Character Encyclopedia - Join the Battle! dates the events of "The Gathering" to be 20 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 20 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. As establishes that the events of "Tipping Points," and therefore the end of the Onderonian Civil War, occurred between the events of "Water War" and "The Gathering," the war must have ended in 20 BBY.
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide dates the wedding of Lyra and Galen Erso to be twenty five years before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which occurs in 0 BBY occurring to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Therefore, the wedding must occur in 25 BBY, and Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z establishes that the Ersos moved to Vallt three years later, placing that event to 22 BBY. Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel establishes that their rescue occurred after they spent one year on Vallt, placing the rescue of the Erso family in 21 BBY.