- "Now let's go save the galaxy."
- ―The novel's last words
Resistance Reborn is a canon novel written by Rebecca Roanhorse. It is part of the Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker publishing program, and it was first published on November 5, 2019 by Del Rey, with an audiobook version releasing on the same day. Resistance Reborn is set immediately after the events of the 2017 film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, and it serves as a prequel to Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The Resistance is in ruins. In the wake of their harrowing escape from Crait, what was once an army has been reduced to a handful of wounded heroes. Finn, Poe, Rey, Rose, Chewbacca, Leia Organa—their names are famous among the oppressed worlds they fight to liberate. But names can only get you so far, and Leia's last desperate call for aid has gone unanswered.
From the jungles of Ryloth to the shipyards of Corellia, the shadow of the First Order looms large, and those with the bravery to face the darkness are scattered and isolated. If hope is to survive, the Resistance must journey throughout the galaxy, seeking out more leaders—including those who, in days gone by, helped a nascent rebellion topple an empire. Battles will be fought, alliances will be forged, and the Resistance will be reborn.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
Resistance Reborn incorporates characters and stories from several other mediums, including Star Wars: The Aftermath Trilogy, the comic book series Star Wars: Poe Dameron, and the video game Star Wars Battlefront II.
Media[edit | edit source]
Editions[edit | edit source]
- ISBN 9780593128428; November 5, 2019; Del Rey; US hardcover, First Edition
- ISBN 9780593128435; November 5, 2019; Del Rey; US eBook
- ISBN 9780593157121; November 5, 2019; Del Rey; US hardcover, Signed Edition
- ISBN 9780593157138; November 5, 2019; Del Rey; US hardcover, Special Barnes & Noble Edition
- ISBN 9780593157145; November 5, 2019; Del Rey; US hardcover, Special Target Edition
Cover gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Resistance Reborn takes place days after the events of Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which in turn are set directly after Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, the events of which are dated to 34 ABY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas.
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Poe Dameron 31
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Resistance Reborn (Star Wars) - Autographed Copy. Books-A-Million Online Book Store. Books-A-Million (2019). Archived from the original on November 23, 2019. Retrieved on November 23, 2019.