The Resistance army was the land-based branch of the Resistance, an independent paramilitary group founded by General Leia Organa to defend the New Republic after said organization refused to take the threat of the First Order seriously forcing her to take matters into her own hands. The Resistance army saw action during the Battle of Takodana and the Battle of Crait.
The Resistance army was the ground forces of the Resistance, an independent paramilitary outfit dedicated to defending the New Republic. It was based at the Resistance base on D'Qar. Officer ranks within the army were Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Commander, Colonel, and General. Ranking members of the Resistance army could be identified by a badge with red markings. Due to the limited manpower and resources of the Resistance, personnel in both the Resistance army and Resistance navy sometimes rotated roles.
Following the Hosnian Cataclysm, soldiers of the Resistance army accompanied General Leia Organa in a Resistance transport towards the end of the Battle of Takodana. The Resistance sustained heavy casualties during the Evacuation of D'Qar and the subsequent pursuit through hyperspace by the First Order Navy. After evacuating the Resistance MC85 Star Cruiser Raddus, the surviving members of the Resistance fled to the former Rebel Alliance outpost on the planet Crait in five U-55 orbital loadlifters.
When First Order ground forces led by the new Supreme Leader Kylo Ren landed on Crait to destroy the Resistance, Resistance soldiers under General Caluan Ematt manned the trenches outside the Resistance outpost. During the Battle of Crait, the Resistance also deployed V-4X-D ski speeders against the First Order's walkers but were forced to retreat by the First Order's Superlaser siege cannon. While the Jedi Master Luke Skywalker distracted Ren, the surviving members of the Resistance military escaped aboard the Millennium Falcon with the last Jedi Rey and Chewbacca.
The core of the Resistance army were the Resistance troopers, the army also counted with specialized units such as the rocket-jumpers, Wookiee Warriors, medics and scouts. Commonly during the battle the army was led by military officers The rarity of skilled personal lead to army and navy often switching service branches. One example was the doing evacuation of D'Qar, where the soldiers present on the MC85 Star Cruiser Raddus was assigned to shipboard security as bridge guard. A short time later, the navy repaid the favor, when the pilots flew army V-4X-D ski speeder doing the Battle of Crait.
Vehicles and machineryEdit
Weapons and equipmentEdit
Resistance army personnel were equipped with blaster pistols and blaster rifles. Blaster pistol models used by the army included DT-15 blaster pistols, Glie-44 blaster pistols, and DH-17 blaster pistols. Rifles used were EL-16 blasters, EL-16HFE blaster rifles, DH-17 blaster rifles, and M-45 repeating ion blasters.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Force Arena
- Poe and the Missing Ship
- Join the Resistance
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens, Part IV
- The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 5
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Resistance army)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ 6.0 6.1
- ↑ The novel Bloodline reveals that Leia Organa formed the Resistance in 28 ABY. Therefore the Resistance army must have either been formed in or after the year 28 ABY.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ Poe Dameron 13: The Gathering Storm, Part VI