The Resistance military comprised the military forces—The Army, the Navy, and the Starfighter Corps—of the Resistance during the Cold war and subsequent war between the First Order and the Resistance. It consisted of the Resistance army, the Resistance navy, and the Resistance Starfighter Corps. General Leia Organa served as the leader of the military; while the Resistance High Command was the main authority by which military policy was carried out. Resistance Intelligence, along with a spy network of droids, led by the Protocol droid C-3PO, served as the Resistance military's intelligence-gathering and covert operations branches.
At the time of the Resistance military's inception, the New Republic presided over an era of peace that lasted for nearly three decades. During the Republic's final years, however, the galaxy was on the verge of another galactic war as a result of the Cold war.
The Resistance army comprised the ground forces of the Resistance from its inception and through the First Order–Resistance war. While the Resistance was too small to support dedicated Infantry units, technicians, pilots and others were regularly trained to take up firearms and serve as ground troops if necessary.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Resistance military first appeared in the 2015 junior novels, The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure and Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure. It made its official debut on screen in the 2015 film, Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. It would make subsequent appearances in the 2017 film, Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi and the upcoming 2019 film, Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywaker.
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Resistance military)
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Look and Find
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ The novel Bloodline reveals that Leia Organa formed the Resistance in 28 ABY. Therefore the Resistance military must have either been formed in or after the year 28 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywaker