The Resistance military comprised the military forces—the army and navy—of the Resistance during the Cold war and subsequent war between the First Order and the Resistance. It consisted of the Resistance army, the Resistance navy, and the Resistance Starfighter Corps. General Leia Organa served as the leader of the military; while the Resistance High Command was the main authority by which military policy was carried out. Resistance Intelligence, along with a spy network of droids, led by the Protocol droid C-3PO, served as the Resistance military's intelligence-gathering and covert operations branches.
At the time of the Resistance military's inception, the New Republic presided over an era of peace that lasted for nearly three decades. During the Republic's final years, however, the galaxy was on the verge of another galactic war as a result of the Cold war.
The Resistance army comprised the ground forces of the Resistance from its inception and through the First Order–Resistance war. While the Resistance was too small to support dedicated Infantry units, technicians, pilots and others were regularly trained to take up firearms and serve as ground troops if necessary.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Resistance military)
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Look and Find
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Galactic Guide
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ The novel Bloodline reveals that Leia Organa formed the Resistance in 28 ABY. Therefore the Resistance military must have either been formed in or after the year 28 ABY.
- ↑ The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
- ↑ Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure