- Dameron: "This is Commander Poe Dameron of the Republic fleet, I have an urgent communique for General Hugs."
- Hux: "Patch him through. This is General Hux of the First Order. The Republic is no more. Your fleet are rebel scum and war criminals."
- ―Poe Dameron and Armitage Hux about the Resistance fleet[src]
The Resistance navy, also known as the Resistance fleet, was the naval branch of the Resistance's military forces during the cold war, and the subsequent war with the First Order. The Resistance navy was initially based on D'Qar, though it was later pursued through hyperspace by the First Order.
Officer ranks within the navy were Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Commander, Colonel, and Admiral. Ranking members of the Resistance navy could be identified by a badge with blue markings. Aiding the navy was the services of the Starfighter Corps.
First Order–Resistance warEdit
Battle of Starkiller BaseEdit
- "So we disable the shields, we take out the oscillator, and we blow up their big gun. Alright, let’s go."
- ―Poe Dameron
After the First Order destroyed the Hosnian system, the Resistance deployed its starfighters to Starkiller Base in order to destroy its thermal oscillator, while Han Solo, Chewbacca and Finn disabled the shields, allowing its destruction while the weapon homed in on D'Qar. After Chewbacca detonated the bombs, the navy, after multiple runs at the base and Poe Dameron's decisive solo attack, managed to destroy the inner workings of the oscillator and return to base.
At the time of the following events, the Resistance Navy over D'Qar consisted of the MC85 Star Cruiser Raddus, Free Virgillia-class Bunkerbuster Ninka, Nebulon-C escort frigate Anodyne and Vakbeor-class cargo frigate Vigil, as well as several fighter squadrons consisting of T-70 X-wing starfighters, RZ-2 A-wing interceptors, and MG-100 StarFortress SF-17s.
Shortly after Starkiller Base was destroyed, the Resistance fleet began evacuating their base on D'Qar. The escape was interrupted by the arrival of a First Order fleet consisting of three Resurgent-class Star Destroyers and one Mandator IV-class Siege Dreadnought Fulminatrix. The Fulminatrix bombarded the Resistance base but the rebels had already evacuated into space. To buy time for the Resistance transports to escape, Commander Poe Dameron attacked the dreadnought with his T-70 X-wing starfighter, eliminating its surface cannons and clearing the way for the Resistance's Cobalt Squadron to attack. Despite taking out the Fulminatrix, all bombers were lost but the rest of the fleet was able to escape through hyperspace.
Being chased by the First OrderEdit
When the Resistance jumped out of hyperspace, they were quickly confronted by the First Order fleet, which was led by Supreme Leader Snoke's flagship, the Mega-class Star Dreadnought Supremacy. The First Order had managed to track them down through a new technology known as the hyperspace tracker. For the next eighteen hours, the three remaining Resistance ships including the MC85 Star Cruiser Raddus led the First Order on a chase. After General Organa was wounded during a First Order attack, Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo was placed in command of the Resistance fleet.
The demoted Captain Dameron suggested that they come up with a strategy to attack the First Order fleet but she was intent on maintaining their current course of action. As the Resistance fleet ran out of fuel, Admiral Holdo revealed her plan to evacuate the Raddus using a fleet of thirty U-55 orbital loadlifters to travel to the planet Crait, which was home to a former Rebel Alliance base. However, the Resistance's plan was revealed to the First Order by the slicer DJ in exchange for his freedom and a large sum of money. As a result, the First Order attacked the fleeing Resistance ships, destroying all but six.
Admiral Holdo stopped the First Order's assault by ramming the Supremacy with the Raddus. Holdo perished aboard the stricken Raddus with the resulting explosion seriously damaging the Supremacy and destroying twenty Star Destroyers. Following the Battle of Crait, the surviving members of the Resistance escaped aboard the Millennium Falcon with the help of the last Jedi Rey and Chewbacca.
Sometime following the Battle of Crait, the Resistance was able to rebuild a small fleet made up of Corellian and Mon Calamari ships with help from Aftab Ackbar. Eventually they launched an an attack on the First Order fleet orbiting Batuu.
Capital ships and frigatesEdit
During the cold war and the war against the First Order, the Resistance navy employed the use of several varieties of capital ships and frigates. Such variants of capital ships included the MC85 Star Cruiser, a heavy cruiser, as well as the MC80A star cruiser, a variant of the MC80 Star Cruiser, and another Mon Calamari starship class. The Resistance navy made use of frigates such as the Nebulon-C escort frigate, and and the Vakbeor-class cargo frigate.
The Resistance navy also made use of smaller craft during its fight against the First Order, making use of at least three models of corvettes, the CR90 corvette, the Free Virgillia-class Bunkerbuster, and the Sphyrna-class corvette, as well as a class of bomber, the MG-100 StarFortress SF-17. The Millennium Falcon, as well as a stolen Xi-class light shuttle, and a stolen Griffin-class light shuttle.
The Resistance navy also made use of several types of transports throughout its history, including the GR-75 medium transport, the Resistance transport pod, the Resistance transport, the U-55 orbital loadlifter, and a stolen AAL-1971/9.1 Troop Transport was used at one time by forces loyal to the Resistance. Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo used a a transport during their heist of Admiral Mathieson's protocol droid.
As part of the Resistance Starfighter Corps, the Resistance navy deployed a variety of starfighters. Such starfighters included interceptors such as the RZ-1 and RZ-2 A-wing interceptors, starfighter-bombers such as the BTL-S3 Y-wing Starfighter, BTA-NR2 Y-wing starfighter, and Resistance B-wing and other starfighters such as the HH-87 Starhopper, the T-85 and T-70 X-wing starfighter, the Z-95 Headhunter, and a stolen TIE/sf space superiority fighter. The Resistance also used Clone War era starfighters such as the Aggressive ReConnaissance-170 starfighter, V-19 Torrent starfighter, a Clone variant of the Z-95, and the Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "Rolling with BB-8/Resistance on the Run"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Allegiance 4
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Spark of the Resistance
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Rise of the Resistance
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the formation of the Resistance as being formed six years before the "Starkiller Incident." As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Starkiller Incident to 34 ABY, it can be deduced that the formation of the Resistance took place in 28 ABY, and therefore the Resistance navy was formed shortly after 28 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi takes place immediately after the end of The Force Awakens.
- ↑ Star Wars: Allegiance takes place after the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, dated to 34 ABY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas, and before Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, placed in the same year by a timeline shown at D23 2019. Therefore, Star Wars: Allegiance must be set in 34 ABY.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Before the Awakening
- ↑ Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit"
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ "C-3PO's New Arm"—Galactic Adventures Storybook Collection
- ↑ Join the Resistance: Attack on Starkiller Base
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Star Wars Resistance – "No Escape: Part 2"
- ↑ Age of Resistance - Poe Dameron 1
- ↑ Poe Dameron 1
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ Poe Dameron 17
- ↑ Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual
- ↑ Phasma
- ↑ Resistance Reborn
- ↑ Poe Dameron Annual 2