Respawn Entertainment, LLC is an Electronic Arts video game development studio. They created Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, and are currently working on three more Star Wars games.
Respawn Entertainment was founded on April 12, 2010, as part of EA Partners, by Jason West and Vince Zampella, the co-founders of Infinity Ward (a studio well known for the Call of Duty series), after they were fired by Infinity Ward's parent company, Activision. In November 2017, the studio was bought by Electronic Arts. The studio created the games Titanfall (2014) and Apex Legends (2019).
In 2016, it was announced that the studio was working on a third-person Star Wars game. Its title, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, was revealed during E3 2018. It was released on November 15, 2019.
On January 25, 2022, it was announced that Respawn was working on three different video games: a sequel to Jedi: Fallen Order, a strategy game, and a first-person shooter game.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Pham, Alex: Jason West and Vincent Zampella's new call of duty (2010-04-12). latimes.com. Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on March 11, 2020.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Makuch, Eddie: EA Now Owns Titanfall Developer Respawn (2017-12-05). gamespot.com. GameSpot. Archived from the original on July 19, 2019.
- ↑ Grant, Christopher: Respawn Entertainment announced by ex-IW heads, partnering with EA (2010-04-12). engadget.com. Engadget. Archived from the original on April 2, 2020.
- ↑ Yin-Poole, Wesley: Titanfall developer Respawn is making a third-person Star Wars game (2016-05-04). eurogamer.net. Eurogamer. Archived from the original on June 13, 2019.
- ↑ EA Play Live Press Conference 2018. Featuring Anthem, Battlefield 5, EA SPORTS and more… on the Electronic Arts YouTube channel (backup link)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – PC on Amazon.com (backup link)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Electronic Arts and Lucasfilm Games Announce New Star Wars Titles in Development from Respawn Entertainment on StarWars.com (backup link)