Sith trooper legions of the Sith Eternal were given numerical designations as well as the name of a Sith Lord. Because the history of the Sith was hidden from the rest of the galaxy, only Sith cultists of the Sith Eternal knew of the significance of Revan's name.
Behind the scenesEdit
The character of Revan was reestablished in the current Star Wars canon continuity when they were mentioned in in the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary, a 2019 reference book written by Lucasfilm Story Group member Pablo Hidalgo. The visual dictionary accompanied the film Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker, which were both released on December 20th.
Stories in LegendsEdit
Revan was originally introduced in the Star Wars Legends continuity in BioWare and LucasArts's 2003 video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Subsequently, Revan appeared in many other Legends works including Star Wars: The Old Republic, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic comics, and in written media such as Knight Errant.
- "We are those who have come before. Those who were betrayed. Those who hate. We are the wielders of the dark side."
"What do you want from me?"
"We stand before you, disciples of the dark side, intent on its supremacy. It has been foreseen that one lives who will control the universe."
- ―Darth Bane and Darth Revan, to the Son
In 2011, Revan was slated to appear in "Ghosts of Mortis," an episode of the third season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series. Revan would have appeared as a Sith Lord alongside Darth Bane as advisors to the powerful Force wielder known as the Son, but they were ultimately cut from the episode in late production. The show's director, Dave Filoni, was apprehensive of using the scene, and the scene was removed at George Lucas's request because it conflicted with Lucas's view on the Force. The scene made it to the animatics stage and can be viewed in the bonus content on the Blu-ray edition of Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three.
The cut scene of Revan is set in the Well of the Dark Side on the planet Mortis, where the Son confronts dark side spirits about the recent death of his sister, the Daughter, at his hands. The spirit voices tell the Son to embrace his pain and resentment, and when he questions their identities, giant apparitions of Darth Bane and Darth Revan appear to the Son, proclaiming their intent to ensure the dark side's supremacy. Speaking of another's existence who will control the galaxy, Revan and Bane warn the Son that control over Anakin Skywalker, the Chosen One, is the key to the Son's success.
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three — Jedi Temple Archives: "Ghosts of Mortis" (Appears in deleted scene(s))
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Hosnian Cataclysm to 34 ABY. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary establishes that the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker, including the revelation of the Sith Eternal and their Sith troopers, takes place one standard year after the Hosnian Cataclysm. Therefore, since the events of the film must take place in 35 ABY..
- ↑ screenshot) (
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ Knights of the Old Republic 9: Flashpoint Interlude: Homecoming
- ↑ Knight Errant
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three — Jedi Temple Archives: "Ghosts of Mortis"