Revwien coleslaw was a dish related to the Revwiens, a species of sentient plants. The food was sold as a lunch side for 2.7 credits at Dex's Diner, a restaurant owned by the Besalisk chef Dexter Jettster on the planet Coruscant, before the eatery was destroyed during the Galactic Empire's first two years.
Sometimes eaten along with lunch, Revwien coleslaw was a type of food related to the Revwiens, a sentient plant species that was native to the planet Revyia. The dish could be eaten by members of the Besalisk species.
Revwien coleslaw was one of many types of food that were encountered and enjoyed by the Besalisk Dexter Jettster during his lifetime, of which he spent years traveling around the galaxy. Jettster eventually served the dish at Dex's Diner, a restaurant he started in CoCo Town on the planet Coruscant, at some point prior to the diner's destruction during the first two years of the Galactic Empire. He served Revwien coleslaw as one of the restaurant's lunch sides for 2.7 credits.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "I have a fondness for abandoned concepts, hence the inclusion of the donut droid as well as references to Revwiens, Adarians, apple slugs and even Kenner's Mongo Beefhead Tribesman."
- ―Gregory Walker
Revwien coleslaw was featured in "Dining at Dex's", a 2009 StarWars.com Hyperspace article written by Gregory Walker in the form of an in-universe menu for Dex's Diner. The article makes no explicit connection between the food and the Revwien species, but Walker stated in his blog that the reference was intentional and that he mentioned Revwiens in the article due to a fondness for abandoned concepts. Neither the original source nor the blog made it clear how the Revwiens were related to the food. In real life, coleslaw is a type of salad made mostly of shredded cabbage.
- (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Besalisk Dexter Jettster filled his menu with the foods that he enjoyed eating the most during his travels to different planets. establishes that the
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 While not stated explicitly in Dining at Dex's, Gregory Walker confirmed that the dish was related to the Revwien species in .
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies
- ↑ The Last of the Jedi: Underworld, which The Essential Reader's Companion dates to around 18 BBY, establishes that Dex's Diner was destroyed by the Galactic Empire. The New Essential Chronology dates the Empire's formation to 19 BBY, so Dex's Diner was destroyed either during 19 BBY or 18 BBY.
- ↑ Perelman, Deb (2007-08-08, 12:48 am ET). Coleslaw: You Could Be a Star. NPR : National Public Radio. NPR. Retrieved on October 28, 2014.