- "Imperial High Command decided that defender pilots would only be selected from TIE interceptor pilots who had flown at least twenty combat missions and survived. We're either the best pilots in the Imperial fleet or the luckiest."
- ―Onyx Squadron leader Rexler Brath
Rexler Brath was an Imperial pilot who served in the elite Onyx Squadron of TIE Defenders. He was also the leader of Onyx Squadron, which consisted of veteran pilots who had all flown, and survived, at least twenty missions in combat. For that reason, Brath considered his entire group either the best pilots in the Imperial Navy, or just the luckiest.
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – TIE Defender Expansion Pack (Card: Rexler Brath—TIE Defender)
- X-Wing: Second Edition – Galactic Empire Conversion Kit (Card: Rexler Brath—Onyx Leader—TIE Defender)