- "My custom speeder. There's nothing like it in the whole galaxy."
Rey's speeder was made entirely from scratch by Rey while she was living on her homeworld of Jakku. It was created using scavenged parts from the starship graveyard on Jakku, Niima Outpost, or from parts acquired from Teedo traders. Rey built a vehicle combining the characteristics of a speeder and a swoop, making the most out of scavenged military hardware and civilian machinery. The speeder was extremely fast and could carry a heavy load, making it ideal for long-range scavenging trips.
- "I built it myself, from parts I found in the Graveyard and in junk piles in Nima, along with a few things I got in trade from the Teedos. Everything was stuff I scavenged or that other people had thrown away."
- "I designed my speeder to carry heavy loads back and forth between the Graveyard and Niim. But when it's lightly loaded it goes really fast-- and pretty high."
Rey's speeder was powered by powerful twin-turbojet engines reclaimed from an old cargo hauler. Rey chose to mount the engine in a stacked configuration instead of side-by-side and bolted them to powered amplifier intakes from an Imperial gunship. She then customized them with racing swoop afterburners and an array of repulsorlifts taken from crashed X-wing starfighters. When lightly loaded, the speeder's overpowered engines and repulsorlifts gave it a similar flight ceiling to a dedicated airspeeder.
- "...if anyone steals my baby they won't get far."
Rey's speeder was equipped with a rider interface that wouldn't allow it to be powered on without a valid fingerprint. The wiring allowed Rey to electrify the speeder's chassis, shocking any would-be thieves or scavengers while she was away. In addition, the speeder was ungainly and hard to operate unless the user was familiar with how it handled.
Behind the scenesEdit
The speeder appeared in a promotional video for the film created exclusively for Facebook.
- Forces of Destiny: Daring Adventures: Volume 1
- Before the Awakening
- "Better the Devil You Know, Part I"—Star Wars Adventures 1
- "Better the Devil You Know, Part II"—Star Wars Adventures 2
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "The Happabore Hazard"
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Run Rey Run"
- Forces of Destiny: The Rey Chronicles
- "Destroyer Down"—Star Wars Adventures: Destroyer Down
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 1
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny—Rey
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "BB-8 Bandits"
- A Call for Heroes (Picture only)
- Age of Resistance - Rey 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars Movie Short (2015 Episode 12: Rey's Speeder)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Rey Strikes Back"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ A promotional video for Star Wars:Episode VII The Force Awakens. StarWars.com (September 23, 2015). Retrieved on September 23, 2015. "Speed across the Jakku desert from Star Wars: The Force Awakens with this immersive 360 experience created exclusively for Facebook."