This lightsaber was a yellow-bladed Jedi weapon constructed by the Jedi Rey Skywalker in the aftermath of the First Order–Resistance war. Rey built the lightsaber to replace the Skywalker lightsabers, which she buried at the Lars homestead on Tatooine following the final death of Darth Sidious.
Rey's lightsaber was built out of salvaged materials from her quarterstaff and a cloth handgrip. The weapon had a kyber crystal at its heart, and it emitted a yellow plasma blade when ignited. The emitter matrix on Rey's weapon was unique, as it was a rotating gear-like contraption, which caused the emitter of the lightsaber to open up and allow the plasma blade through.
The last Skywalker
Rey unveiled the weapon after burying the lightsabers of her mentors, Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa, in the sand outside the ruins of the Lars homestead on Tatooine. Shortly thereafter, she was approached by an old woman who asked her who she was; and, with the blessing of Luke and Leia's spirits, declared herself to be Rey "Skywalker."
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker to one year after the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of The Force Awakens to 34 ABY, the events of The Rise of Skywalker, which includes the creation of Rey Skywalker's lightsaber, must occur in 35 ABY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 — The kyber crystal Databank entry states that there is a kyber crystal "at the heart of every Jedi lightsaber."