- "It's a fuel mostly been mined out on Abafar. It's volatile and dangerous."
When poured out of its container, rhydonium appeared like spilled chrome. It could be scraped up and salvaged, but only under a high degree of safety measures, as rhydonium was dangerous to exposed skin.
The Confederacy of Independent Systems extracted rhydonium from a secret mining installation on Abafar and loaded it onto a captured Venator-class Star Destroyer in a failed attempt to pilot it into and destroy the Republic space station Valor, which was hosting the Republic strategy conference.
Fourteen years after the end of the Clone Wars, rhydonium was present in Fort Anaxes, a base abandoned by the Republic, and was used by rebels Sabine Wren and Hera Syndulla to kill fyrnocks, which were threatening the two.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 8: The Dying Light, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Out of Darkness"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Call to Action"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Homecoming"
- Choose Your Destiny: A Han & Chewie Adventure
- Poe Dameron 15: Legend Lost, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron 16: Legend Lost, Part III (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- (First identified as Rhydonium)
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas