- "It's a fuel mostly been mined out on Abafar. It's volatile and dangerous."
Description[edit | edit source]
When poured out of its container, rhydonium appeared like spilled chrome. It could be scraped up and salvaged, but only under a high degree of safety measures, as rhydonium was dangerous to exposed skin. Rhydonium was highly explosive, the explosion produced typically being extremely colorful, though the explosions caused by rhydonium mined near an Imperial refinery on Morak were only orange in color. Rhydonium's volatile nature meant that it was tricky to transport at ground level, necessitating a low speed otherwise the fuel would become agitated and explode.
History[edit | edit source]
- "Allow me to introduce you to one of my oldest and most explosive friends, rhydonium."
"It's good to have friends."
- ―Sabine Wren and Hera Syndulla
The Confederacy of Independent Systems extracted rhydonium from a secret mining installation on Abafar and loaded it onto a captured Venator-class Star Destroyer in a failed attempt to pilot it into and destroy the Republic space station Valor, which was hosting the Republic strategy conference. The plan was foiled by the Republic's D-Squad who triggered the detonation early, causing an explosion that destroyed the captured cruiser before it could impact the Valor.
Fourteen years after the end of the Clone Wars,[source?] rhydonium was present in Fort Anaxes, a base abandoned by the Republic, and was used by rebels Sabine Wren and Hera Syndulla to kill fyrnocks, which were threatening the two.
Rhydonium was still being used as starship fuel by the time of the Battle of Jakku. The crashed ships on Jakku's surface released rhydonium and other fuels, making the sands dangerous to scavenge, although scavengers would still search for the valuable fuel.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Together Again"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Distant Echo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shattered"
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch – "Cut and Run"
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 8 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Out of Darkness"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Call to Action"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Homecoming"
- Choose Your Destiny: A Han & Chewie Adventure
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 15: The Believer"
- Poe Dameron 15 (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron 16 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as Rhydonium)
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 33 (Highlights of the Saga: The Unlikely Heroes)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 46 (Databank A-Z: Providence-class–Raxus) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 68 (Databank A-Z: Pre Vizsla–Quinlan Vos)
- The Star Wars Book
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Making of Season Two