A female individual was married to Rikel, the head technician of the destructive Centerpoint Station during the Battle of Centerpoint Station. They were married in secret, because neither her family nor his approved of them being together. Early in the Second Galactic Civil War between the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances and the Confederation, which took place between 40 ABY and 41 ABY, she was arrested during a security sweep on the planet Coruscant, capital of the Galactic Alliance, and died. Her death drove Rikel to hate all Coruscanti, and the Galactic Alliance to which they belonged. He would go as far as to attempt to destroy their planet with Centerpoint Station in revenge, but doing so caused his own death, and the destruction of the station.
Behind the scenes
- Legacy of the Force: Fury (First mentioned, simultaneous with Legacy of the Force: Fury audiobook)
- Legacy of the Force: Fury audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Legacy of the Force: Fury)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III ("Rikel")
Notes and references
- The Essential Reader's Companion dates the events of Legacy of the Force: Betrayal, including the beginning of the Second Galactic Civil War, and the events of Legacy of the Force: Invincible, including the end of the war, to 40 ABY and 41 ABY, respectively. Legacy of the Force: Fury states that Rikel's wife died early in the Second Galactic Civil War.
- Legacy of the Force: Fury