Rikknit eggs were the primary export of New Plympto, homeworld to the Nosaurians. When New Plympto joined the Galactic Republic, they were denied representation, but the eggs were continually used as a source of the delicacy. Soon enough, however, the demand for rikknit eggs dried up after the Republic declared the rikknit's a protected species, and New Plympto was deprived of its only export. During the Clone Wars, New Plympto joined the Separatist movement with the promise of reviving the market for rikknit eggs.
Preserved rikknit eggs had a pungent smell.
- Boba Fett: Crossfire (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic: Into the Unknown (Mentioned only)
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett (Mentioned only)
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Nosaurians"—Star Wars Gamer 9 (First mentioned) "
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Suns of Fortune