- "Welcome to the Rimmer's Rest, best cantina in all of Nar Shaddaa."
- ―The bouncer's welcome
Rimmer's Rest, also known as Smuggler's Bar, was a well-stocked cantina on the urbanized moon Nar Shaddaa. A place for seedy people to hang out and do business. The cantina was stocked with numerous drinks, and the bartender kept a blaster rifle underneath the bar table. Rebel agent Kyle Katarn had a shoot-out with local mercenaries in the bar in 5 ABY.
In 5 ABY the bar was the meeting place between the Information broker 8t88 and Rebel agent Kyle Katarn. The meeting did not go peacefully as Katarn had to blast his way out of the bar while 8t88's mercenaries tried to kill the Rebel Agent.
Rimmer's Rest was situated in a larger building complex, with only one entrance via a sloping ramp, marked by a light-up snake creature. The establishment itself consisted of two rooms and a small hallway that connected the two. The first room had a large open space and housed the bar. The second room had three booths, each with tables and chairs.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, level 1: "The Double-Cross on Nar Shaddaa" is played in and outside of Rimmer's Rest. The name "Smuggler's Bar" was first mentioned in the Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II: The Official Strategy Guide. When the player enters the room with the bar, the bartender will grumpily tell Kyle to get out of his bar, because he always cause trouble.
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (First appearance)
- Dark Forces: Rebel Agent (First identified as Rimmer's Rest)
- Dark Forces: Rebel Agent audio drama
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II: The Official Strategy Guide (First identified as Smuggler's Bar)
- "Game Room: Game Knights"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 13 (Picture only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia