The Ringo Vinda space station was a ring-shaped civilian graving dock that encircled the planet Ringo Vinda. Controlled by the Galactic Republic, it was captured by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. This resulted in the Battle of Ringo Vinda, a Republic campaign launched in the year 19 BBY in a bid to retake the station from the Separatists. After the war, it was converted into a construction facility by the Galactic Empire to churn out Imperial-class Star Destroyers for the Imperial Navy, and rebel agents reported to General Airen Cracken about the industrial status of the station. The station had a command center and a communications center during the Clone Wars.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Ringo Vinda space station first appeared in "The Unknown," the first episode of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' sixth season, which originally aired in Germany on February 15, 2014. It was first identified in the accompanying Episode Guide on StarWars.com.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Master & Apprentice (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Conspiracy" (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders" (In flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as Ringo Vinda space station)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 5 (Droid Directory: 2-1B-series Medical Droids, Part 1) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 34 (Databank A-Z: Davish Krail–Kuat Drive Yards)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- (Picture only)