- "As we speak, the frozen planet of Rinn is facing an energy crisis."
- ―Commander Jun Sato
Rinn was an ice planet located in the galaxy. Around 4 BBY,[source?] the people of Rinn faced an energy crisis: once their dwindling supply of fuel cells had run out, they would be unable to power the heaters necessary for their survival. This predicament prompted rebel commander Jun Sato to task the Spectres with acquiring more generators.
Sometime later, one of the A-Wing rebel pilots of Phoenix Squadron was patrolling around Rinn until he was attacked by imperial forces. He returned to Sato wounded. The pilot said he thought he had lost them but the Imperials found where Phoenix Cell was hiding, which lead to a battle.
Behind the scenesEdit
Rinn was first mentioned in The Essential Guide to Alien Species, a Star Wars Legends reference book written by Ann Margaret Lewis that was released on April 3, 2001. It became canon when it appeared in a hologram in "Brothers of the Broken Horn", the fourth episode of the canon animated series Star Wars Rebels' second season, which first aired on November 4, 2015.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Brothers of the Broken Horn" (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
- "A Day's Duty"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 15 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars Rebels – "Brothers of the Broken Horn"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 (Slide 2)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ "A Day's Duty"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 15
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Brothers of the Broken Horn. Disney XD Official Schedule. Retrieved on October 27, 2015.