Rintonne was an astronomical object located in the Lambda sector of the regions known as the Mid Rim Territories and the Trailing Sectors. It was situated within grid square P-16 on the Standard Galactic Grid.
During the time of the Separatist Crisis, Aqualish Senator Po Nudo directed roughly half of the Lambda sector in secession from the Galactic Republic to the developing Confederacy of Independent Systems. However, despite the sector's partial defection alongside its senator, Rintonne and most of the Andoan Free Colonies retained their loyalty to the Republic.
Behind the scenes
Rintonne was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon on a galactic map in Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game, a 2016 boxed set for Fantasy Flight Games' series of Star Wars Roleplaying products. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the planet Rintonne was introduced in Wanted by Cracken, a 1993 supplement to Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game authored by Louis J. Prosperi and published by West End Games.
- The High Republic Adventures 1 (Picture only) (Based on correspondence between galactic map and maps in other sources)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game (First mentioned)
- Rise of the Separatists
- The High Republic Free Digital Sampler (Picture only) (Based on correspondence between galactic map and maps in other sources)
- "The First Order" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Scarif and Other Outer Rim Planets" – Star Wars Encyclopedia