Behind the scenesEdit
Riorians were originally created for the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. The one who appeared in that film was portrayed via a puppet operated by Mike Quinn and given the production nickname "Toadstool Terror" by the creature creators of the Industrial Light & Magic Monster Shop.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- (Video clip only)
- (First identified as Riorian)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Who's Who in Jabba's Palace"—Star Wars Insider 60
- ↑ Pellegrom, Dennis (2006). Mike Quinn (Nien Nunb). Star Wars Interviews. starwarsinterviews.com. Archived from the original on January 24, 2018. Retrieved on April 4, 2018. "I have a vague memory of getting inside that Toadstool thing from under the set, too, at one point."