Description[edit | edit source]
The Gandorthral Atmospherics Roamer-6 breath mask was an inexpensive portable device that could filter and purify air of dangerous gases, contaminants or debris. The breath mask had an adjustable strap that could be adjusted to fit on the user's head, covering their mouth and nose. The breath mask came with a built in comlink. A flexible tube connected the mask to a small portable cylinder that cleaned and purified the air, allowing the user to breathe in various environments. The device worked by using small scrubbers to filter out microscopic contaminants that cold be harmful to the user. Despite it's effectiveness at purifying the air, the breath mask could not protect the user from the vacuum of space or corrosive atmospheres. The Roamer-6 breath mask was standard issue on most starships and escape pods.
History[edit | edit source]
Galactic Civil War[edit | edit source]
Smuggler and Rebel Alliance member Han Solo carried several Roamer-6 breath masks aboard the Millennium Falcon during the time of the Galactic Empire. Han and his crew donned the masks while exploring the inside of an Exogorth.
First Order–Resistance war[edit | edit source]
After Rey and Finn stole the Millennium Falcon from Unkar Plutt, they were captured by the Eravana. Believing they were caught by First Order forces, the two strapped on Roamer-6 breath masks and prepared to release a poisonous gas to deter their captors.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Han Solo vs. the Space Slug - The Escape Artist"
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 2
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- YT-1300 Millennium Falcon Owners' Workshop Manual (First identified as Roamer-6 breath mask)